Friday, April 17, 2009

one at a time


So we did it. Turk Telekom is finished, as we advance to the Finals! We won in 4 sets tonight, and it took every one of us twelve players to do it. The series thus ended 3-1, and now the battle resumes against Fenerbahce in one week.

I'm exhausted.

We get on a plane in the morning--don't know when yet (and it's almost 1 AM). It will be an exciting moment when I leave the Istanbul airport tomorrow. Not only do I get to go back to Esra's and SIT, but what is most excellent is that the next time I will enter that airport will be to begin my journey back to the US of A!

One more push. A few more matches. Gotta give every ounce of anything that I have left... And I will. God help me, I will.

Tonight, though, I just wanna go home......

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh... great writing. It is so much fun following you in all of this!

    ....pastel eggs. had about 50 of them. hence the sweaty, 4 inch, pinchable sag of skin hanging from my hip...? what.

    love you and can't wait to see you.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete